A truly sad commentary by Letterman. Not my favorite, in fact, I often find Letterman hard to watch, not my brand of humor, but his top ten lists have on average been very good. Via: INTEL DUMP
"On Scalia's Recusal Refusal
For a serious report on the issue, see this New York Times article by Steve Twomey, complete with a link to Justice Scalia's memo. For a more skeptical treatment of the issue, see Je Refuse! by Slate's Dahlia Lithwick. And finally, for a humorous (yet realistic) treatment, see last night's Top Ten list from David Letterman:
Top Ten Signs Your Supreme Court Justice Is On The Take
10. Begins every case with, 'We'll start the bribing at ten thousand.'
9. His written opinions always have several mentions of the thirst-quenching taste of Mountain Dew.
8. Regularly convenes court at the dog track.
7. Asks, 'Does either attorney plan on inviting me on any hunting trips?'
6. For a Supreme Court Justice he certainly is mentioned on 'The Sopranos' a lot.
5. All the bling bling.
4. His last article in the 'Law Journal' was about finding the right fence for your stolen goods.
3. When you have a meeting with him in chambers, frisks you for a wire.
2. He's on the Forbes 500 List between Bill Gates and Oprah.
1. Already declared Bush the winner of the November election."