"Whereas to effectively implement such a response to terrorism, the United States needs a SMART security platform for the 21st century that--And, from there goes on to provide specific policy suggestions/guidance each of the five points, which make more sense then our current policies, in my opinion at least.
(1) prevents future acts of terrorism by strengthening international institutions and respect for the rule of law;
(2) reduces the threat and stops the spread of weapons of mass destruction and reduces the proliferation of conventional weapons;
(3) addresses root causes of terrorism and violent conflict in the Middle East and other regions;
(4) shifts United States budget priorities to fulfill unmet security needs; and
(5) pursues to the fullest extent alternatives to war: Now, therefore, be it..."