Well, as I don't appear to be getting a great deal of hits using the normal route, though I am considering using a recruiter, I might as well post the important aspects of my resume here, in the off chance that a reader might have knowledge that will help in my job hunt. So:
• Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, Georgia) –Masters of Public Policy, 2003.
• Georgia Institute of Technology (Atlanta, Georgia) – Spring 1999
Audited doctoral class - PUBP 8540: Advanced Environmental Policy (Adaptive Ecosystem Management: Theory and Practice)
• Jacksonville State University (Jacksonville, Alabama)
Bachelor of Science Law Enforcement - 1983
METRIC, Inc. – June 1, 2002 to March 31, 2004
Senior Legislative Analyst - review/analyze proposed federal legislation, treaties and Executive Orders on topics, including environmental, safety, health, weapons of mass destruction, bioterrorism, energy, and homeland security issues, for impact on US Army budget, training and operations.
United States Army Individual Ready Reserve - August 1990 to August 2003
• Army Environmental Policy Institute - Operations and Training Manager (May 1998 – September 2001) of two teams of research/analysts reporting to the Secretary of the Army, and tasked to support all major commands.
• Conducted future trend analysis of federal health care legislation.
• Researched and analyzed current environmental pressures on the stability of second and third world countries (including identifying the US agencies best capable of providing the required support).
Contract Painter/Sales - April 1998 to May 18, 2001
Sold and painted interior and exterior commercial and residential jobs.
UPS – October 16, 1998 to March 1, 2001
Successfully directed thirteen employees in a multimillion dollar redistribution operation.
On Call Services, Inc. - April 1994 to March 1998
• Built, owned and operated a small package delivery business for three years, taking it to six figure gross revenues in two years, and never losing an account to poor service.
• Supported local wholesalers with time sensitive deliveries of pharmaceuticals and perishables to retail customers, including Starbucks Coffee, Publix and Kroger supermarkets, Emory University and Dekalb Family Care.
• Specialized in event support for several local design companies working with sponsors including Coca-Cola, The Carter Presidential Center, and the Carlos Museum.
Terminix International - January 1992 to February 1994
Successfully sold residential pest control and termite treatment.
Satellite Advertising Systems - November 1990 to November 1991
Successfully sold multimedia advertising package to local small and medium sized businesses.
United States Army - March 1983 to August 1990
• Supervised five government contract representatives in developing requirements for a $3 million contract and insuring contractor compliance.
• Coordinated 70 investigations resolving $500,000 in property discrepancies.
• Managed sixteen personnel in three separate offices providing wholesale shipping and receiving, food service and maintenance support for three separate remote engineering field sites plus a field support base totaling 2700 personnel.
• Developed and directed an on going personnel training program personally conducting over 200 hours of multi media platform instruction.
• Researched, developed, and implemented fleet upgrade plan, including specific allocation of 60 vehicles.
• Controlled two warehouses processing all wholesale issues, receipts and shipments attaining 99.9% inventory accuracy and regained accountability of $2 million worth of stock.
• Directed the retail ordering, receiving, storage and issue of $1 million worth of material and equipment.
The Sam Nunn Bank of American Policy Forum, "Bioterrorism Preparedness: The Imperative for a Public-Private Partnership", March 2004
2004 Ivan Allen College Founder's Day Celebration: "The Impact of Terrorism on Society: Global Perspectives", March 2004
Sixth National Environmental Public Health Conference: Preparing for the Environmental Public Health Challenges of the 21st Century, December 2003.
EPA/DOD Environmental Conference, June 2003, Atlanta GA. Provided event security in a volunteer status.
The Sam Nunn Bank of America Policy Forum, April 2002, Emory University, "Commercialization of the Academy"
EPA/DOD Environmental Conference, June 2001, Atlanta GA. Attended as Public Affairs Officer working for METRIC, Inc. on contract for the Army Southern Regional Environmental Office who co-hosted the conference. Co-wrote article reviewing conference published in the “Environmental Monitor”.
EPA/DOD Environmental Conference, March 2000, Atlanta, GA. Attended as a military Public Affairs Officer representing the Army Environmental Policy Institute providing support for the Army Southern Regional Environmental Office who co-hosted the conference. Co-wrote article reviewing conference published in the “Environmental Monitor”.
Attended Global Green USA conference - December 1999, Atlanta, GA.
Speak and Read German
Current as of 19 April 2004.
NOTE: I didn't think this post went through, and I had some doubts about the impact of posting it, but since it went through, I think I will leave it here. It's the fatalist in me, I guess; you know, that whole Germanic, Norse, Nomadic thing.